Did You Know...?
- 50 million people in the U.S. have a hearing loss?
- 30 of every one thousand school age children have a hearing
- By age 65, one out of three people has a hearing loss?
- 78% of people with hearing loss experience their loss in
- 76% of people who could benefit from hearing aids are not using
- People with hearing loss wait for an average of seven years
before seeking help?
- Isolation, withdrawal and depression are the most common
reactions to hearing loss?
- Hearing impaired people have a much higher divorce rate then
You Need To Know...
- Why you don't hear well.
- How to tell others.
- How to get help.
- How to select hearing aids.
- How to use and protect your hearing
- How to use Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs)
- How to use hearing aids successfully.
- How hearing loss affects you and your loved ones.
- How to create an environment where you can hear.
- What the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) means to you.
- How to assert your ADA rights in public places and on the job.